Otterbein University holds regional accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 (800-621-7440; ncahlc.org).
Otterbein University is authorized to offer Baccalaureate, Masters and the Doctorate of Nursing Practice degrees by the Ohio Board of Regents, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (614-466-6000; ohiohighered.org).
Otterbein University holds disciplinary accreditation and approval through:
- The American Association for Health Education
- The American Chemical Society
- The Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- The National Association of Schools of Music
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre
- The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (formerly The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education)
- The National Strength and Conditioning Education Recognition Program
- The North American Society for Sport Management (becoming Commission on Sport Management Accreditation in 2015)
- The Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- The Ohio Board of Nursing
Additionally, Otterbein University belongs to the American Council on Education, the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio, the Council of Independent Colleges, the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools, the National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education, and the Council of Graduate Schools, and is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.