Degree Evaluation (Degree Audit)
The degree evaluation is THE tool for determining what courses to select to fulfill the requirements for a degree and to assure that nothing is overlooked. It displays (1) graduation requirements that have been met and (2) those that remain to be completed. Use it to monitor progress towards a degree from day one until program completion. It is the same software the Registrar's office uses to perform final graduation check-out. If any Otterbein credit was earned prior to Autumn Quarter 1987, the degree evaluation is not accurate and should not be used.
Click here to access a printable pdf brochure of degree audit instructions.
Do you need an enrollment verification letter for a health insurer, a scholarship foundation or other provider of student services or products? You can print one yourself by logging on to the O-Zone and:
- Click the My Banner icon at the top right.
- Click Student.
- Click Student Records.
- Click Request Enrollment Verification.
- Wait for the NSC (National Student Clearinghouse) website to load.
- Click Obtain an Enrollment Certificate.
- Follow the instructions for printing.
- Log off the NSC website.
First keep these points in mind:
- Letters for the current term can only be generated after the University has run its enrollment census. Letters will be available each term after Wednesday of Week 3. See the academic calendar for a listing of specific term dates.
- Future terms are not included in a letter due to the fact they are projections and are therefore subject to change (which is why most providers do not request future information). Only current and prior terms can be requested.
- Otterbein sends updated enrollment information to the Clearinghouse three times per term: at the end of Week 2, in the middle of the term and at the end of the term.
The Registrar’s Office can also complete an enrollment verification letter. If it is prior to week 3, or if you are having trouble accessing the online link to the Clearinghouse, please stop in the Registrar’s Office in Towers Hall, Room 27. We can assist you by printing an enrollment letter that you can take with you.