Otterbein Alumni Recruiting Students is a program developed between the Alumni and Admission Offices to attract, retain and support a diverse student body. The OARS Program uses a volunteer network of current alumni to help the University recruit new students and create greater recognition of Otterbein throughout the country.
How can you help?
- College Fairs: During the Fall and Spring months, OARS volunteers can represent Otterbein at various college fairs throughout the world. As an alumni admission volunteer, you will be asked to attend the fair and assist the Otterbein Admission representative by speaking to prospective students about your Otterbein experience and why the student should consider Otterbein. Further details and training will be provided before the fair.
- On-Campus Visit Days & Open Houses: Throughout the year, Otterbein hosts six visit and open house days. We invite alumni to participate in the day, either to network with prospective students and their families, or to participate in an alumni panel.
- Referrals: Alumni can help identify local students who should be sent information about Otterbein. Just fill out this form.
- Contacts: Alumni can send letters/emails to students from their local area who have shown an interest in Otterbein by either visiting, applying or being accepted to the University. This effort from alumni can help supplement the work of the admission staff throughout a student’s senior year.
- High School Visits: Alumni can help by delivering Otterbein Admission materials to a high school near you that cannot be reached by our Otterbein staff.
- Social Media: Follow the Admission Office on Twitter @OtterbeinUAdmit
For more information about any of the above volunteer opportunities, please contact Director of Alumni Engagement Kara Anderson email@example.com.