facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
Campus Life


No Cardinal should be blue. At Otterbein, we have critical services available to students who might be struggling with stress, sadness, time management, a breakup, family issues, relationships and the list goes on. Every student is eligible for at least three free counseling sessions per year through Student Affairs.

Otterbein students choose to meet with our counselors for a variety of reasons. Our psychologists Dr. Mary Bricker and Dr. Kathy Ryan are experts when it comes to the unique needs of college students. They can help with things like:

  • Homesickness
  • The end of a relationship or friendship
  • Depression
  • A death in the family
  • Changes in family dynamics
  • Alcohol/drugs
  • Sexual abuse
  • Chronic worry
  • Anxiety
  • Mental health challenges
  • Whatever is troubling you

To make an appointment, call Student Affairs at 614-823-1250.

Staff members available for consult:

  • Julie Saker, Associate Dean of Students
  • Lisa Patterson Phillips, Director of the Office of Diversity
  • Bob Gatti, Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs
  • Jill McCullough, Assistant Director of Wellness

What Every Student Should Know About Title IX

  1. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is federal legislation that bans sex discrimination in education programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. Sex discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
  2. Otterbein University has a designated Title IX coordinator who is charged with carrying out the university Title IX responsibilities, including overseeing all Title IX complaints. The Director of the Office of Human Resources is the Title IX Coordinator, who is located at 25 W. Home Street, and can be reached at (614) 823-1130.
  3. For complaints against university employees, contact The Director of the Office of Human Resources at 614-823-1130. For complaints against university students, contact Julie Saker in Student Affairs at 614-823-1250 or jsaker@otterbein.edu. Complaints can also be made to the University Police by calling 614-823-1222 or going to one of the help-phones located on campus.
  4. To make an anonymous complaint, contact the Campus Conduct Hotline, a toll-free number at 866-943-5787 or fill out the Silent Witness online form at http://www.otterbein.edu/public/CampusLife/HealthAndSafety/Police/silent-witness-form.aspx.
  5. Who can I speak with to help me assess my options?
    • The Office of Human Resources at 614-823-1130
    • The Office of Student Conduct & Wellness at 614-823-1250
  6. To learn more about the university’s practices and policies on these matters:

/ Office of Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs is located in the back of Hanby Hall on Cochran Alley.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
M-F: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (summer)

p / 614.823.1250