Pursuing an internship (credit-bearing) or professional experience (non-credit bearing) is an exciting time in your education. Otterbein encourages its students to complete at least one internship; however, it is important to recognize that completing two or three internships will enable you to be more competitive and make you a more desirable candidate for future employers and/or graduate programs.
Your college internship may be part-time or full-time, paid or unpaid, credit bearing or non-credit bearing, completed during the school year or the summer and may be located on campus, in the Columbus area or in other regional, national or international locations. There is a great deal of flexibility when it comes to internships; therefore we would encourage you to make an appointment with one of our staff to begin discussing your internship goals.
- Gain an understanding of the world of work
- Explore career options and gain professional skills related to your major and/or future career choice
- Increase your motivation to achieve your academic goals
- Gain a competitive edge for graduate school and full-time employment applications
- Decide which course of study and specific classes will prepare your for jobs and careers after graduation
- Expand your professional network.
Ready to Find an Internship?
See Getting Started.