Refund Policies and Schedule
Policies Regarding Withdrawal
- To be entitled to a refund, you must OFFICIALLY WITHDRAW from your class or classes by contacting the Office of the Registrar. See this page for the steps you will need to take.
- The actual withdrawal is the date this is accomplished. Non-attendance and/or non-payment of fees does NOT constitute official withdrawal. Application fees, laboratory fees, applied music fees and other similar charges are not refundable.
- All financial aid recipients who receive a refund as a result of withdrawal may be subject to a Title IV refund calculation. The allocation of funds must follow those outlined by federal regulations. Anyone who has received a federal Stafford or Perkins Loan must complete an Exit Interview in the Financial Aid Office.
- Adjustments to full-time charges are made only during the add/drop period if a student adjusts his/her schedule. No adjustments to full-time charges are made after the add/drop period unless a student withdraws from the University entirely.
- If a student withdraws or is expelled from Otterbein University, then the school or the student may be required to return some of the federal funds awarded to the student.
- Otterbein's Refund Policy exists for calculating the refund of institutional charges and assistance. Students who withdraw from the University will receive a pro-rated refund of educational and room/board fees due or paid, according to the refund schedule.
Refund schedules have been established for those students who withdraw from the University. Application fees, laboratory fees, enrollment fee, applied music fees, and other similar charges are not refundable. For specific refund schedule dates, see the schedules below:
/ Business Office
The Business Office is located at 25 W. Home Street.
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer)
p / 614.823.1150
e / email@example.com
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081