< Back to Income Protection
- Employer's Original Plan Effective Date: April 1, 2015
- Eligible Group(s): All full-time faculty and staff of Otterbein University in active employment.
- Minimum Hours Requirement: Employees must work at least three-quarter time.
1st of the month coinciding with or following 12 months of employment.
The employee must be in continuous active employment in an eligible group during the specified waiting period. If a break in service occurs where premiums are not being paid, upon returning to work, the waiting period must be met again before a faculty member or other employee may participate in the Long Term Disability Plan.
Who Pays for the Coverage
Your Employer pays the cost of your coverage.
180 calendar days of Disability caused by the same or a related sickness or injury, which must be accumulated within a 360 Calendar day period.
60% of monthly earnings up to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month.
Maximum Period of Payment
|Age at Disability ||Maximum Period of Payment |
|Less than age 60 || To Age 65 |
|Age 60 ||60 months |
|Age 61 ||48 months |
|Age 62 ||42 months |
|Age 63 ||36 months |
|Age 64 ||30 months |
|Age 65 ||24 months |
|Age 66 ||21 months |
|Age 67 ||18 months |
|Age 68 |
|15 months |
| Age 69 and Over ||12 months |
No premium payments are required for your coverage while you are receiving payments under this plan.
- Mandatory Vocational Rehabilitation Benefit Provision
- Reasonable Accommodation Benefit
- Family Income Benefit
- Retirement Protection Benefit
- Family Care Expense Benefit