Center for Teaching and Learning
Teaching has always been at the heart of Otterbein's mission. If you teach at Otterbein, the Center for Teaching and Learning offers support for your work in many ways. We provide consulting services, workshops, and resources to help you enhance the learning experience for our students.
New ways to connect Facebook
, and Diigo
Click here for the calendar of upcoming events
Do you teach at Otterbein? If so, would you like to:
- Understand what current research tells us about today's students and about how best to support meaningful and lasting student learning?
- Try an innovative approach in a course you teach?
- Redesign a course to encourage deeper student engagement with the material?
- Learn to use technologies that facilitate or enhance student learning?
- Discover mid-semester how students are experiencing your class—and follow up with adjustments?
- Exchange ideas about effective teaching with other instructors?
Then come to the CTL and take advantage of:
- Consulting services (including confidential individual consultations, departmental workshops tailored to specific needs, and leadership development)
- Programs and events (including bi-annual campus-wide workshops, Professional Learning Communities, reading groups, and mentoring programs)
- Resources (including a rich collection of resources in the Faculty Development section of the library, periodic mini-grant programs to support conference travel and individual teaching projects, and links to other local and virtual support materials)
- Faculty instructional technology lab (including Windows and Macintosh work stations and laptops equipped with instructional media production hardware and software. Production laptops are available for check out.)
Otterbein's Center for Teaching and Learning is committed to enhancing the quality of student learning through ongoing development opportunities for all those who teach.