The senior writing project is the culmination of your journey through the major. As your senior year unfolds, you will dive into work that stimulates, challenges, and inspires you. Students engaged in the senior project will:
- Register for ENGL 4000* (Literary Studies Writing Project) in Fall or ENGL 4060* (Creative Writing Project) in Spring of their senior year
- Select a topic, genre(s), or area of interest and specialization
- Work closely with a course coordinator and a faculty Director as they develop the project
- Generate a project proposal and a grading contract
- Consult a faculty Reader on the project proposal, first draft, and final draft
- Present an excerpt of the project at the Senior Readings
- Discuss the project with their Director and Reader in a "final interview”
- Submit a final electronic copy of their project to the department
*Honors students completing SWPs as their Honors Capstone Projects should contact their academic advisors and/or the English Department Chairperson in Spring Semester of their junior years for registration information.
2014-15 Guidelines for Senior Writing Projects
Download a PDF version the booklet with all the current info (guidelines, tips, deadlines, etc.) for Senior Writing Project completed in both Literary Studies and Creative Writing.