The OtterFit Health and Fitness Program is an opportunity for the faculty and staff of Otterbein University to use the services of a Health Promotion and Fitness major as their personal trainer, participate in group training classes and enhance wellness through educational programming and events.
Registration for OtterFit Open Now!
Download OtterFit Programs Flyer (PDF)
Registration for partner training and health coaching open from August 1-23. Group fitness classes may be joined at anytime but registration is appreciated. Class size minimum is 5 and maximum is 40. Contact Erica Van Dop with questions or for more information.
Group Fitness Classes Fall 2017
- Circuit Strength Training, Mondays 5:30-6:30 pm, Carly Whipple, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Circuit training designed to increase muscular strength and endurance, mixed with intervals of cardiovascular activity and core exercises, will round out this fun hour of training!
- Yoga, Wednesdays 5:30-6:30 pm, Michelle Riegler, M.S.
Yoga designed for all fitness levels will move through a flow of endurance exercises designed to engage the mind and body.
- Circuit Strength Training, Thursdays 5:30-6:30 pm, Vinnie Galizio, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, NETA Certified Group Exercise Instructor
Make the most of your lunch hour! Class format will change weekly including strength training, cardio, and balance; with an added emphasis on core training. All fitness levels welcome and challenged.
- Yoga, Fridays 7-8 am, Kirstin Voisard, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, NETA Certified Group Exercise Instructor, Yoga Fit Instructor
Vinyasa style yoga is a free flowing practice. The practice focuses on improvement of balance, strength, and mind-body awareness. Ultimately resulting in peacefulness and a decrease in stress.
- Classes are open to all faculty, staff, and significant others. Pre-registration is appreciated but not required. All classes take place in the Rike Center Fitness Studio (across from the weight room). Classes run week 2 (August 29) - week 13 (November 18).
- Partner or Small Group Personal Training
Train with a Exercise Science and Health Promotion student trainer, twice weekly, for one hour. Pre- & post-fitness assessments as well as 16 training sessions are included in the 10 week program, weeks 2-11. Please note, Fall training is partner or small group based as students further develop their skills from the previous spring semester. Training is provided free of charge.
- Experienced Individual or Partner Training
Students who have passed the American College of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer exam and successfully completed the OtterFit mentorship program are eligible to work as paid trainers. Rates are $15/hour for individual training or $25/hour for partner training.
- Individual Physical Activity Health Coaching
Can’t make it to the Clements Center? No problem! Let us come to you! This program provides a fitness assessment, individual exercise prescription and 6 weeks of behavioral coaching. Weekly coaching sessions with a student will last between 10-15 minutes and can take place in your office or in the Clements Center. Space is limited.