Liberal Studies in Leadership
You're one step closer.
Complete your bachelor's degree at Otterbein. Make an easy transition from a 2-year to a 4-year degree by completing your bachelor’s degree at Otterbein. Liberal Studies in Leadership, our degree completion major, is uniquely designed for adult students who have already completed 64 semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of transferrable credit. Choose a concentration area in either Organizational Communication or Psychology of Leadership.
See our course catalog for more information about program courses and requirements.
You’ll learn to integrate the skills, knowledge, and values of a broad academic program and apply them to the challenges of the workplace. Then advance your career by applying a range of perspectives and decision-making models. Students have discovered that success in the workplace and in their personal lives depends on the ability to create and apply solutions based on thinking across academic disciplines.
Take the next step. To meet with a transfer advisor, call Adult and Transfer Enrollment Services, 614.823.1356, or email@example.com, or visit http://www.otterbein.edu/earndegree.
Core Requirements (24 hours)
- TYS/COMM 3700 - The Emerging Leader
- MATH 1220 or MATH 1240 - Statistics (required for Psych concentration)
- LANG 1050 - Language and Culture
- INST 3500 or 4000 - students choose a dyad
- SYE - adult specific class that includes e-portfolio assessment
Major Requirements (20 hours)
- COMM 1800 - Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 3710 - Transformational Leadership
- COMM 3720 - Leadership - Organizational Dynamics
- COMM 3730 - Leaderhship Project
- PSYC 1000 - General Psychology
Students must choose a concentration (20 hours):
Organizational Communication concentration
- COMM 2200 - Intercultural Communication
- PSYC 3400 - Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- COMM 3800 - Organizational Communication
- COMM 3300 - Teamwork
- COMM 4800 - Organizational Communication Case Studies
Psychology of Leadership Concentration (all courses required)
- PSYC 2330 - Psychology of Personality - 4 hrs
- PSYC 2610 - Social Psychology - 4 hrs
- PSYC 3130 - Stress and Health Psychology - 4 hrs
- PSYC 3720 - Industrial and Organizational Psychology - 4 hrs
- PSYC 3900 - Independent Study - 4 hrs
/ Adult and Transfer Links
/ VIP Login
Join us at an upcoming Open House June 20 and July 23, 2013
Mark Moffitt, Director of Adult and Transfer Admission
Location: Towers Hall
1 South Grove St., Westerville, OH 43081
p / 614.823.1356 Email us