Majors and Minors
- Acceptance to the department for all music students is by audition.
- Continuation in the music program is determined by jury exams and
the results of the sophomore conference (an interview with the full-time
faculty and the student's adjunct music instructor, if applicable) to
be held normally at the end of the fifth quarter of study, but no later
than the first quarter of the junior year.
- The results of the sophomore conference may be:
- Continuation on probation with specified deficiencies to be remedied and demonstrated at a reexamination;
- Continuation with a change of degree program or curricular emphasis; or
- A minimum grade of "C" is required in all music courses. If a grade
lower than "C" is earned in any music course, the course must be
repeated in order to count toward the major.
- Candidates for all degree programs must play or sing creditably in
regular recitals of the department and participate in one or more of the
campus major musical ensembles during each quarter they are enrolled as
associated with their principal instrument(s), or specified by their
- Students must register for Piano Class or Applied Piano until the Piano Proficiency Exam is passed.
/ Department of Music
Battelle Fine Arts Center
p / 614.823.1508
e / email@example.com
102 W. College Ave, Westerville
p / 614.823.1219 or
e / firstname.lastname@example.org
/ Also see... Otterbein University is a 2012-13 Corporate Partner of the Ohio MEA.