The connection between alumni and students can be mutually beneficial. Students can gain career connections, and networking skills, while alumni can give back by providing their post-graduation expertise.
How can you help?
- Alumni Speaker Series (participate in a classroom speaking experience either as part of an alumni panel or by acting as 'Professor for a Day' sharing your own personal experiences).
- Mentor a student who is interested in your profession.
- Attend an alumni/student networking event on-campus.
To participate in any of the above opportunities, please email Kara Anderson, Director of Alumni Engagement, at email@example.com or call 614-823-1650.
Alumni/Student Career Connections
- Host an internship or job shadowing experience for an Otterbein student. While we have strong partnerships with many local alumni, we are looking to expand and provide more opportunities for our students. Last year more than 230 students completed for-credit internships, while many more participated in professional experiences that were non-credit bearing. Internships can be part-time, full-time, paid or unpaid; there is a great deal of flexibility. We encourage you to explore offering an internship with your organization. It’s a great way to give back to Otterbein and support the learning and development of current students. If you would like to share an internship opportunity or learn more about what hosting an Otterbein intern would entail, please contact Ashley Strausser, Associate Director and Internship Coordinator at 614-823-1522 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a open employment position on the Cardinal Careers Job Board, only open to Otterbein students and alumni. Visit the Cardinal Careers Job Board.
- Join the Otterbein Alumni LinkedIn group to assist students and alumni looking for jobs, internships and career advice. Otterbein Alumni LinkedIn Group.