facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
Future Students

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Besides my admission application what other documents are needed?
A: As a transfer student we will require official transcripts be sent from every college or university you have credit from. We will also ask that you send your official high school transcript. Official ACT or SAT scores are optional.

Q: When will I hear about my admission and scholarships?
A: Our goal is to complete your admission process in 2 weeks after your application file is complete. At this time you will know of your admission decision, scholarship opportunities and how your courses will transfer to Otterbein University.

Q: Does my GPA transfer?
A: Your GPA does not transfer to Otterbein University, only your credits will transfer. However, we will consider your current GPA in the admission process.

Q: Do my college credits transfer?
A: Otterbein University will accept transfer course work which is equivalent to courses required for a Bachelor's degree from any properly accredited two-year or four-year college or university. Only courses in which the student has received a grade of 'C-' or higher will be considered for transfer credits at Otterbein University.

Q. Can I get a teaching license at Otterbein?
A. Yes! Otterbein offers many avenues into the teaching profession. If you already have a bachelor's degree, in a field other than education, you have two options. You can add a teaching license through our post-baccalaureate program or, if you are interested in teaching grades 4 through 9, you can add a license while earning your Master of Arts in Teaching. If you already have a teaching license and would like to add a license or an endorsement, renew your license, or earn your Master of Arts in Education, Otterbein has programs designed to fit your specific needs.

Q: Does Otterbein University offer internship opportunities?
A: Yes, the availability and opportunity for internships depends on the student’s major and may or may not be paid and can be used to acquire credit. The Career Center and the faculty in each department can assist students in finding internships.

Q: Whom should I contact if I have questions?
A: You can contact the transfer coordinator, Mark Moffitt, who is available to assist you with questions related to applying and enrolling. You can reach Mark by calling  614-823-1356, or mmoffitt@otterbein.edu