Eligibility to Participate
Qualifying age is 60 or older.
The opportunity to observe a class is a free service Otterbein University offers to the Central Ohio community. Participation is not to be interpreted as a state-mandated entitlement (the University is self-supported). Only one course per term may be observed.
This program has been established as a good will effort and in no way gives the observer a right to disrupt the course of instruction. The instructor has the right to ask the observer to leave, relinquishing all future requests.
Click here to download a registration form.
- Requests must be on file at least 10 days prior to the start of classes. This permits the Registrar to:
- determine if the class is eligible per Otterbein University policies. Requestors are not to go outside the policy to seek permission from the instructor on their own. Violation of this policy is an automatic "ineligible to participate."
- obtain approval from the instructor and department chairperson.
- Exceptions to this deadline cannot be made.
- Notification will be made by email or letter.
- Not all classes are eligible for observation. Observation is limited to lecture-style classes. Classes involving individual instruction (such as computer science, drawing, foreign language, lectures with labs, etc.), travel classes, or classes with full enrollment are not available. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Click here to view course offerings.
You may secure a book for the class at your own cost through the campus bookstore, which is located in the Campus Center on Home Street, 614.823.1364.
Participation in Class
The extent of the observer's participation in class discussions or other class activities is determined by the instructor.
Observation of a class is not considered an audit, no tuition is charged and no transcript record is created.
- There is no charge for the parking permit.
- The permit is valid for only one academic term.
- The permit can be obtained from Campus Police, 194 W. Main St., 614.823.1870.
/ Adult and Transfer Links
/ Virtual Tour
/ VIP Login
Join us at our upcoming Open House Dec. 17, 2013
Join us for Spring 2014
Orientation Jan. 23, 2014
Mark Moffitt, Director of Adult and Transfer Admission
Location: Towers Hall
1 South Grove St., Westerville, OH 43081
p / 614.823.1356 Email us