facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
Future Students

Transferring to Otterbein

Photo of a female student using a computerReady to move forward? Great! Here's how to do it.

How Do I Transfer to Otterbein?

Otterbein accepts credits from two and four-year institutions that are fully accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agencies. All credit is reviewed on an individual basis and is designed to show a student’s progress towards an Otterbein degree in their chosen area of study. While there is no limit to the number of credits transferred from four-year institutions, a maximum of 64 semester hours may be transferred from all two-year institutions combined.

Four out of 10 graduating high school students start their college careers at community colleges, according to the College Board. Two-year colleges are the largest and fastest-growing sector of higher education. There are over 1,600 community colleges in the United States serving 11 million students. To better serve our community college students Otterbein has articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. The agreement guarantees admission to graduates of two-year institutions with the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with a 2.5 or higher GPA. Individual departments' minimum grade requirements may vary.

Students applying for transfer to Otterbein University will receive an official evaluation of their prior college credits when official transcripts have been received from all previously attended institutions.

Learn More