- Submit all materials listed above.
- Submit official transcripts for all previous college and/or university work. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Graduate School. If hand-delivered, transcripts must be in an unopened envelope from the issuing institution.
- Applicants must have a cumulative minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 based on the A=4.0 system. Grade Point Averages between 2.5 and 3.0 may be considered for admission on a conditional basis for candidates demonstrating particular strengths in other criteria.
- Applicants must have a cumulative minimum graduate grade point average of 3.0 based on the A=4.0 system for any previous graduate work. A minimum of 6 semester hours of graduate coursework must be completed prior to application for full admission.
- Submit one professional recommendation related to teaching success and/or qualifications to pursue graduate studies in education. Otterbein University reserves the right to contact persons providing recommendations and to contact a recommender to acknowledge receipt of a recommendation. Recommendation Form (PDF).
- Submit one academic recommendation related to academic success and/or capacity to succeed in graduate-level academic work. This recommendation should be completed by an instructor of the applicant’s graduate-level coursework. Recommendation Form (PDF).
- Otterbein University reserves the right to contact persons providing recommendations and to contact a recommender to acknowledge receipt of a recommendation.
- Interview with the Graduate Education Advisor in the Graduate School.
- Submit an MAE application essay.
The MAE application essay has two parts:
Part I – Submit a 1 to 2-page, typed, double-spaced essay addressing the reasons why you are applying to the Master of Arts in Education Program at Otterbein University. Explain how your participation in this program would align with your professional goals. In your essay, identify the program of study you wish to complete:
- MAE in Curriculum and Instruction, Professional Development Strand
- MAE in Curriculum and Instruction, 4-5 Generalist Strand (ECHD license-holders only)
- MAE in Curriculum and Instruction, 4-6 Generalist Strand (MCHD license-holders only)
- MAE in Curriculum and Instruction, TESOL strand
- MAE in Curriculum and Instruction, Theory and Research Strand
- MAE in Reading
- MAE in Special Education
Part II – Submit a 2 to 3-page, typed, double-spaced response to the following statement: Describe a teaching strategy that you read about in a journal or learned about in a professional development session that was subsequently implemented by you. Reflect on that experience and describe what you learned from it.
If you have any questions, please call 614-823-3271 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.