Otterbein University and the Teacher Education Program is a member of or is approved by:
- The North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The American Association of University Women.
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Ohio College Association.
- The Ohio Department of Education (ODE).
- The American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education is a non-profit, non-governmental alliance of 33 national professional education and public organizations who support quality teaching. NCATE accreditation is a mark of distinction, and provides recognition that the college of education has met national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other educators. In NCATE‘s performance based accreditation system, institutions must provide evidence of competent teacher candidate performance. Teacher candidates must know the subject matter they plan to teach and how to teach effectively so that all students learn.
/ Additional Info
Adult Student Resource Week
/Accreditations View our accreditations
/ The Graduate School
The Graduate School is located in Roush Hall, room 208. Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Contact
p / 614.823.3210
e / email@example.com