facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
The Graduate School

K-12 Intervention Specialist

Photo of a student helping a child

Intervention Specialists see the possibilities in every child and enjoy taking on the challenge of helping their students overcome obstacles. Otterbein University will provide you with the tools and strategies you need to meet the academic needs of all students. You will learn best practices for student learning so that all children get the high quality education that they deserve.

The K-12 Intervention Specialist license can be earned in one or both of two areas; Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Intensive. Teachers can also choose to add a PK-3 license.

If you are a licensed teacher, you can add the license:

If you are not a licensed teacher, but have a bachelor’s degree, you can earn the license and  a master's degree through our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program.

Loan forgiveness is available to Intervention Specialist and other teachers in high need areas. Read more about it here at the Federal Student Aid site.

/ Graduate Education Personnel

K. Daniel Cho, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Programs
p/ 614.823.1452
e/ DCho@otterbein.edu

Gaby Miller

Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAT/initial licensure
p/ 614.823.1346
e/ gmiller@otterbein.edu

Amy Featherstone
Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAE, Educational Mathematics, Adding License, Professional Development
p/ 614.823.3271
e/ afeatherstone@otterbein.edu

M. Michelle Fosnaugh
Graduate Assistant
e/ margaret.fosnaugh@otterbein.edu