When it comes to choosing a college, there are so many options. But it all comes down to finding your perfect fit.
At Otterbein University, we know that one of the best ways to truly know what it’s like to be a student on our campus is to talk to the students and recent graduates, who live that experience.
In their words, here are 10 reasons you should apply to Otterbein:
1. “It’s such a close-knit community. I have the personal cell phone numbers of almost all of my professors. I can text them or call them anytime I need help. I didn’t really expect that coming into a university. Knowing that I was cared about and cared for by this University from the beginning really spoke to me.” – John Carter ’14, theatre major
2. “Many other schools, especially larger schools, make you wait until your junior or senior year to get any hands-on experience. That is not the case at Otterbein. If you want to do something, they help you do it right away.” – Josh Overholser ’14, broadcasting major
3. “I really loved Otterbein’s focus on students, what they can bring, and what Otterbein can do to get them here, to make sure their experience is a wonderful experience.” – Jacqlyn Schott ’13, English and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies double major
4. “At Otterbein University, you are definitely more than just a number. The people actually care. There are so many people here to support you, and I just think that’s an amazing thing and what makes Otterbein such a hidden gem.” – Meghan Davis ’16, early childhood education major
5. “I’m learning more about myself and who I am. I’m confident and willing to take on challenges. Whatever you want to do – you can start at Otterbein.” – Charmaine Mosley ’16, nursing major
6. “Otterbein has some of the friendliest and most welcoming students that I have ever met, and they’re worth getting to know.” – Beth Gier ’14, business administration and literary studies double major
7. “I don’t feel lost here. I feel appreciated, and I appreciate what they are doing for me right now. I do feel that individualized attention when I come here.” – Jacqueline Bravo ’16, education major
8. “Here they actually care about my education. I love the small campus feel, and everybody knows everybody. It’s more comfortable than any other campus I ever visited.” – Kristen McCann ’15, biology and life science education double major
9. “It’s the faculty, staff and students that make Otterbein such a wonderful place to call home. It’s easy to fall in love with Otterbein, because it is such a friendly, supportive and welcoming campus. It’s easy to volunteer, meet new people and ultimately, try new things.” – Katie Miller ’13, business administration major
10. “Otterbein encouraged my curiosity and contemplation and presented ample opportunities to see the world in a different light. I am so grateful for this experience and will carry this experience with me always.” – Shane Shoaf ’13, middle childhood education major Apply to Otterbein today.