Professional Development & Leadership Certificate
A two-day leadership seminar may pique your interest, but it won’t provide the deep, transformational learning experiences that will allow you to truly become the best leader you can be.
The Otterbein Leadership Certificate immerses you in a year-long process to develop and strengthen your personal, transformational and organizational leadership skills.
The Leadership Certificate is ideal for:
- High-potential supervisors
- Entrepreneurs or individuals who want to identify, learn and apply the fundamentals of organizational leadership
You will learn, experience and develop:
The ability to apply leadership theories and perspectives to specific leadership challenges
How to lead and facilitate teams
How to manage nature of conflict and various conflict management styles
Competence in developing and presenting oral and written communication
Increased self-awareness, self-confidence, emotional intelligence, appreciation
Leadership Certificate Curriculum
The Emerging Leader (7-weeks)
- Develop your individual leadership capacity and communication skills.
- Effective leadership styles, actions and behaviors.
- Understand conflict styles and collaboration.
Transformational Leadership (7-weeks)
- How your thoughts and reactions may limit your leadership results.
- Mastery and lifelong practices that support success.
- Turn conversation into a tool that produces actions and positive outcomes.
Leadership: Organizational and Team Dynamics (14-weeks)
- Effective leadership of teams and groups.
- 21st century leadership skills needed to succeed in a global economy.
- Practice "emotional intelligence"; work through conflict and developing win-win solutions.
Leadership Project (10-weeks)
- Create your "Committed Future" plan
- Principles of Appreciative Inquiry as a vehicle to successful project implementation.
- Design and implement a community project addressing an important concern in your career or community.
How to Apply:
Visit www.otterbein.edu/applynow. The following are some of the steps you will need to take to complete the application process:
- Create your application
- Submit your application
- Pay your $35 application fee
Once all items are received, your application for admission will be processed.
To meet with an advisor, call the Office of Admission at 614.823.1500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org