Tuition Fees & Payments
Master of Arts in Educational Mathematics Scholarships Available
The Master of Arts in Educational Mathematics program offers merit-based scholarships to top candidates when admitted. All MAEM candidates will be considered.
For consideration, the candidate must provide:
- Documentation of acceptance to MAEM; or concurrent application to MAEM
- Documentation of teaching employment in a Title I school - or - in a Type 7 or Type 8 school district (Ohio Department of Education, District Typology Index, January 2015 https://goo.gl/MRpBXW/)
Two letters of support, at least one from an individual in a supervisory position. Both letters should address:
- the candidate’s expertise in teaching mathematics; and
- the candidate’s capacity to perform at the graduate school level in mathematics.
A statement on post-program impact. Forecast and describe one of the following:
- impact on career (for example: new short-term objectives, shifts in employment or specialization, continuing education, path to pursue long-term goals); or
- impact on students (for example: meeting the needs of students / school / district, enrichment of opportunities, promotion of STEM teaching and learning).
Deadline for Scholarship Applications: August 17th
Educational Mathematics tuition is $559 per credit hour. For a complete list of tuition & fees, visit the Business Office website.
Applying for Financial Aid at Otterbein
Here you will find all the information you need about how to apply for financial aid at Otterbein.
Otterbein is prepared to help you answer the question; how are you going to pay for your education? Graduate students are eligible for consideration for a variety of loans.
- Obtain your PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Otterbein's School Code is 003110).
- Complete the Institutional Aid Form
There is NO COST to apply for financial aid or to complete the FAFSA.
Questions? Email Student Financial Services or call 614.823.1502.
In order to help you manage your graduate school expenses we offer a deferred payment plan and a 4 part payment plan. See the Business Office site for information about payment plans.
There is an additional fee for each Capstone hour. Please consult the Business Office (link) site for a complete list of fees. Tuition waivers may not be used to cover the additional Capstone fee.
Teachers in schools with student teaching and field experience agreements with Otterbein University may qualify for tuition waiver certificates. Otterbein University provides these waivers to districts or independent schools in return for their provision of field placements for Otterbein students. However, Otterbein University has no control over the distribution of the waivers to teachers, which is determined by each district/school. The following provisions and conditions apply:
- Tuition waiver certificates may be assigned by the proper school officials to school employees admitted to graduate study at Otterbein University. Admission to graduate study is solely at the option of the University. There is no obligation on the part of the institution to admit students because of this agreement who would not otherwise meet graduate study admission requirements.
- Students may use multiple fee waivers within a semester; however, the number of fee waiver credits may not exceed the number of course credits taken.
- Teachers paying tuition with tuition waiver certificates from their schools must submit a valid waiver certificate at the time of registration or make other arrangements with the Business office. Otterbein University has the right to refuse acceptance of an “expired” fee waiver.
- Tuition waivers do not cover the costs of special fees for testing, Capstone hours, or computer labs.