Long Term Disability Insurance
< Back to Income Protection
- Employer's Original Plan Effective Date: January 1, 1998
- Policy Number: 335731 121
- Eligible Group(s): All full-time employees of Otterbein University in active employment.
- Minimum Hours Requirement: Employees must be working at least 37.5 hrs. per week.
- For employees in an eligible group on or before January 1, 1998: The greater of the waiting period in effect under the prior UNUM plan, if any, or 1st of the month coinciding with or following 12 months of employment.
- For employees entering an eligible group after January 1, 1998: 1st of the month coinciding with or following 12 months of employment.
The employee must be in continuous active employment in an eligible group during the specified waiting period. If a break in service occurs where premiums are not being paid, upon returning to work, the waiting period must be met again before a faculty member or other employee may participate in the Long Term Disability Plan.
If your employment ends and you are rehired within 12 months, your previous work while in an eligible group will apply toward the waiting period. All other policy provisions apply.
Who Pays for the Coverage
Your Employer pays the cost of your coverage.
180 days Benefits begin the day after the elimination period is completed.
The lesser of:
- 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month; or
- 70% of monthly earnings less any deductible sources of income.
Your payment may also be reduced by disability earnings. Some disabilities may not be covered or may have limited coverage under this plan.
Maximum Period of Payment
|Age at Disability ||Maximum Period of Payment |
|Less than age 60 || |
|Age 61 ||60 months |
|Age 62 ||48 months |
|Age 63 ||36 months |
|Age 64 ||30 months |
|Age 65 ||24 months |
|Age 66 ||21 months |
|Age 67 ||18 months |
|Age 68 ||15 months |
|Age 69 and over ||12 months |
No premium payments are required for your coverage while you are receiving payments under this plan.
- Continuity of Coverage
- Disability Plus
- Minimum Benefit
- Pre-existing: 3/12
- Survivor Benefit
- Work Life Assistance Program
- Retirement Income Protection