Department of Nursing
The Ohio State University, PhD, 1992; Indiana University, MSN, 1981
University of Cincinnati, BSN, 1977
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Promoting child health
- Technology enhanced teaching & effects on student learning
- Service to the Profession of Nursing Award, 2009
- Kappa Lambda Chapter
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Nurse Educator of the Year, 2008
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner of the Year, State of Ohio, 2007
- Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners
- President, Ohio Council of Deans & Directors of Baccalaureate & Higher Degree Programs
- Policy Chairperson, Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Sigma Theta Tau International (nursing honorary)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- American College of Nurse Practitioners.
- American and Ohio Nurses' Associations.
- Vogt, M., Chavez, R. & Schaffner, B, "The lived experience of the baccalaureate student nurse in a service-learning immersion at a camp for children with diabetes", Pediatric Nursing
- Schaffner, B., Vogt, M., Ribar, A. & Chavez, R., "The Impact of Podcasting on the Learning and Satisfaction of Undergraduate Nursing Students", Nursing Education in Practice. 10, 38-42.