Diane Ross, Ph.D
Department of Education
Kent State University, Doctorate, 2004
Akron University, Master's in Reading Supervision, 1990
The College of Wooster, Bachelor of Arts, 1980
Research and Teaching Interests
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Middle Childhood Education
- Peace and Social Justice
- National Middle School Association
- Ohio Middle Level Professors
- Ohio Schools to Watch Leadership Team
- NCATE Review Board for National Middle School Association
- World Peace Academy Visiting Professor
- Member of Transcend Peace and Social Justice
- Ross, D. A. (2008), "Culturally competent and socio-politically conscious teaching: A teacher educator works to model the journey to critical cultural competence". International Journal of Multicultural Education, Vol 10, No 1.
- Ross, D. A. & Wicks, M. (2007 winter) "Making authentic service learning alive in middle level classrooms". Ohio Middle School Association.; Ross, D.A. (2007). "Social justice and equity: A teacher educator’s journey within". The EPU (European University Center for Peace Studies), Stadtschlaining, Austria.
- Ross, D.A. (2005, spring). "Project SAIL (Summer academy for integrated learning): A college/school partnership for middle school reform". Ohio Middle School Journal: Columbus, Ohio.
- Ross, D. A., & Lehr, L. (2000, May). "Educators and the paradigmatic struggle in teaching and learning in a digital technology reality: An interpretive study" Research Center for Educational Technology (RCET). Kent, Ohio
Roush Hall 434