Department of Business, Accounting and Economics
The Ohio State University, Ph.D., Human Resource Development (HRD) with a minor in Operations Management, 2000
Cleveland State University, Masters in Computer Sciences, 1985
Marshall University, MBA in Management, 1978
Marshall University, BS in Business Administration, 1977 Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Member of AHRD (Academy of Human Resource Development)
- Member of the International Performance Improvement Society
- Heartland Chapter
- Mafi, S. L. and Chahid, N. (2005). Rapid improvement (Kaisen) training at Worthington Cylinders Czech, in Workplace Training and Learning: A Cross-Cultural Perspectives, eds. Ronald Jacobs and Ahad Osman-Gani. Singapore: Pearson.
- Mafi, S. L. (2001). Planned On-the-Job managerial training. Advances in Developing Human Resources 3 (4). 488-495
- Mafi, S. L. (2000). Managing the HRD function and service quality: A call for a new approach. Human Resources Development Quarterly 11 (1). 81-86
Shirine Mafi earned her BS and MBA from Marshall University. She then joined the largest engineering design firm in the U.S., Gilbert Common Wealth in Reading, PA, as a management consultant. She ultimately settled in Columbus with her family and started her teaching career at Otterbein University. In 2000, she received her Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from the Ohio State University. She is also a certified quality auditor (CQA). She is currently a professor of Management at Otterbein University. She has served as the MBA Director and Program Coordinator for the Department at Otterbein. Her areas of interest are in training and performance improvement. Her pedagogical interests are in the area of philanthropy education, quality of adjunct teaching and use of new media technology (i.e., wikis and blogs) to improve students’ learning.