Ryan Berndt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mathematics, Department Chair
Towers Hall 125
- University of Minnesota / Ph.D. / 2003
- University of Chicago / B.A. / 1996
Research & Teaching Interests
- Harmonic Analysis: Specifically, the Fourier transform, singular integrals, and weighted inequalities
- A Formula for the Fourier transform of certain odd, differentiable functions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Vol. 285 (2003), 349--355.
- Atomic Hardy space theory for unbounded singular integrals. Indiana University Mathematics Journal. Vol. 55 (2006), 1461--1482.
- Extrapolation of operators defined on domains and boundary respecting Ap weights. Contemporary Mathematics Series of the American Mathematics Society. Vol 428 (2007), 23--31.
- A pointwise estimate for the Fourier transform and the number of maxima of a function. Can. Math. Bull. Vol. 55, 689-696.
- Symmetric conditions for a weighted Fourier transform inequality. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Vol 379 (2011), 439--443.
- Turning automatic continuity around; automatic homomorphisms. (to appear)
- The weighted Fourier inequality, polarity, and reverse Holder inequality. (Preprint)
Affiliations & Awards
- University of Minnesota Good Teaching Award
- Westinghouse (Intel) Science Talent Search Scholar, Semifinalist