- Member of AHRD (Academy of Human Resource Development)
- Member of the International Performance Improvement Society
- Heartland Chapter
- Winner, Howard Teall Innovation in Accounting Education Award with Huber, M., 2011
- Advisor of the Year, Otterbein University, 2011
- Honorable Mention, Bea Sanders/AICPA Innovation in Education with Huber, M., 2009
- The Center for Community Engagement Citizen Award, Otterbein University, 2009
Shirine Mafi earned her BS and MBA from Marshall University. She then joined the largest engineering design firm in the U.S., Gilbert Common Wealth in Reading, PA, as a management consultant. She ultimately settled in Columbus with her family and started her teaching career at Otterbein University. In 2000, she received her Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from the Ohio State University. She is also a certified quality auditor (CQA). She is currently a professor of Management at Otterbein University. She has served as the MBA Director and Program Coordinator for the Department at Otterbein. Her areas of interest are in training and performance improvement. Her pedagogical interests are in the area of philanthropy education, quality of adjunct teaching and use of new media technology (i.e., wikis and blogs) to improve students’ learning.