Thomas James, Ph.D.
Towers Hall 135
- Ohio University, Ph.D, 1974
- Ohio University M.S. in Mathematics, 1970
- Otterbein College, B.A 1968
Research & Teaching Interests
- Development and maintenance of software supporting the campus network system, revision of the Computer Science program
- “The p-space and Other General Spaces as Forms of Completeness,” Notices American Mathematics Society 21, (1974).
- “The G( )-Spaces and Other Related Topics,” Set-Theoretic Topology, Academic Press, Inc. (1977).; Harper, William V., Thomas R. James, Ted G. Eschenbach, (submitted 2009, to be re-submitted with revisions in 2010)
- "Maximum Likelihood Estimation Statistical Software Comparison for the Three-Parameter Weibull Distribution", submitted to The American Statistician; Harper, William V., Ted G. Eschenbach, Thomas R. James, (2009)
- "Reliability Goodness of Fit for Oil Spills in the Gulf of Mexico", JSM Proceedings, Statistics and the Environment Section, pp. 618-626, American Statistical Association, Washington, DC; Harper, William V., Thomas R. James, Ted G. Eschenbach (2009)
- "Reliability Confidence Intervals for Oil Spills in the Gulf of Mexico", Proceedings of the Congrès 2009 de la SSC, Vancouver, British Columbia. Harper, William V., Thomas R. James, Ted G. Eschenbach, Leigh Slauson (2008)
- "Maximum Likelihood Estimation Methodology Comparison for the Three-Parameter Weibull Distribution with Applications to Offshore Oil Spills in the Gulf of Mexico", JSM Proceedings, Risk Analysis Section, pp. 1231- 1238, American Statistical Association, Denver, CO. Harper, William V., with Thomas R. James, T.G. Eschenbach
- "Determine Exact Poisson C.I. Using Excel VBA Function", Reliability & Maintainability Tech Briefs, Volume 2, Number 1, March 2008, pp. 1-7; William V. Harper, Thomas R. James, T.G. Eschenbach
- “Exposure Variables for Reliability Assessment: Exact Poisson CI”, Reliability Review, Volume 28, Number 1, February 2008, pp. 23-29; Thomas R. James, Reinhard Klette
- “The Topology of Incidence Pseudographs”,Pure Mathematics and Applications,Volume 20, Issue No.1-2, pp. 77-101, March 2010; Harper, William V., Thomas R. James, Ted G. Eschenbach
- "Maximum Likelihood Estimation Statistical Software Comparison for the Three-Parameter Weibull Distribution", The American Statistician Feb 2011, Vol. 65, No. 1: 44–54
Affiliations & Awards
- Installed an Education Data Systems minicomputer at Harris Publishing Company.
- Designed and built interface between administrative computer systems and Windows Active Directory, managing NT accounts, exchange email accounts, and various campus systems including card system, and the service request system
- Designed and built online directory, the myOtternet individual information and link page, pictured class lists as well as network administration web pages for the IT department