First, you need to choose the right internship. All of the Communication internships are posted on our Communication blog: http://internships1-2-3.blogspot.com. Take a look at the blog and see what jobs match your learning goals.
The Department updates the blog regularly, so keep checking. You may also want to consult with your Academic Adviser on internship opportunities that are appropriate for you. Second, you need an internship adviser. Many students ask their faculty advisers because they know you and are interested in helping you meet your internship learning goals, but you may ask any faculty member in the department to be your internship adviser. After you and your faculty adviser have decided on the best internship for you, you will need to fill out a Learning Contract. Please see the forms you will need for your internship listed below.
The Internship Contract should be completed at least one week before the internship begins.
The Internship Contract can be filled in by computer or neatly hand written. All required internship computer fill- in forms are available on the Center for Career and Professional Development website.
Go to MY OZONE> A-Z INDEX> Center for Career and Professional Development
Choose INTERNSHIPS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Along the left hand side of the page choose INTERNSHIPS>INTERNSHIP MANUAL AND FORMS
- Student registers for Internship with Registrar's Office,
- During the 1st or 2nd week of the semester, student completes Learning Contract and gets the 3 required signatures.
- Student or Faculty member turns in Learning Contract to Dept. Admin.,
- Admin. will make copies of the internship contract and forward a copy to Alma Holl in the Provost 's Office.
- Internship is complete after all evaluations are turned in to the Dept. Secretary who then forwards the evaluations to Alma Holl in the Provost's Office.
Internship paperwork must include:
- INTERNSHIP CONTRACT (this should be turned in by the first week of the semester)
Be sure the form is filled out. Is this internship for credit or professional experience?
Are the dates for the internship on the form?
Is the internship PAID or UNPAID?
Are all the required signatures on the form?
These are the other forms will you will at the end of your internship.
- STUDENT EVALUATION OF INTERNSHIP
- STUDENT EVALUATION OF SUPERVISION
- SUPERVISIOR EVALUATION OF INTERN
- WRITTEN REPORT FOR FACULTY ADVISER, IF YOU ASKED THEM TO INCLUDE THIS.
Also, if the internship was not for credit, (professional experience) the Center for Career and Professional Development has a computer on-line evaluation that you are asked to fill out.
Go to MyOzone> A-Z index and choose CENTER FOR CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. On the front page you will find this form: Report your Internship Professional Experience. Thank you.