How to Obtain Tickets
To obtain tickets, you must:
- Complete and submit the Undergraduate Commencement Questionnaire to the Registrar's Office no later than Tuesday, April 12
- Have a fully signed Application for Degree on file in the Registrar's Office
- Have met or be on schedule to meet all academic degree requirements by the end of Spring Semester 2016
- Have no "in-progress" grade for any course, even if course is not needed for graduation
- Have no unpaid university bills
- If taking or have taken coursework elsewhere, our office must have received either the official transcript or, as a temporary substitute, a copy of your schedule from the other institution that you are attending during Spring Semester.
Tickets may be picked up in person in the Registrar's Office anytime between Wednesday, April 13, and Wednesday, April 27. If you wish to authorize someone to pick up your tickets for you, indicate the name of the person on the questionnaire. We do not mail tickets.
Each participating graduate will be given up to 7 tickets for guests (the graduate doesn't need a ticket for admission). Overflow viewing is available in the Campus Center Lounge via live-stream.
Extra Tickets and Live Streaming
Extra tickets will NOT be available. Please do not call to see if the situation has changed.
However, commencement will be streamed live for virtual access to the ceremony! If your guests are not able to attend the ceremony in person, the ceremony will be streamed live beginning at 12 noon EST and conclude around 2 p.m.
Admission By Ticket Only
Each guest must present a ticket in order to be admitted to the Rike Center.
Guest Seating Expectations
Please inform members of your party, particularly grandparents, that:
- All seating is first-come, first-served (seating is not reserved)
- Rike Center doors open at 11:00 a.m.
- Most seating is open bleacher style without back support
- Floor seating and large video screens are available in the back of the Rike Center on either side of the portable bleachers. (This seating may be preferable for those with young children or for those needing the back support of a chair.)
- Guests will be sitting approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours
- Special needs guests will sit in a reserved area; a ticket issued to a special needs guest is considered to be part of the ticket maximum
- A toddler sitting on someone's lap must use have a ticket
- Placing chairs in any location, standing in any location, sitting in aisles, etc., are fire code violations and will not be permitted