- It's Time to Order Your Regalia! Place your order for your cap, gown, and hood at Jostens by February 5th. You can pick up your regalia on March 18th from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the Campus Center lounge. Additional pick up times available through the Otterbein Bookstore, 614-823-1364.
- Graduate Commencement Questionnaire
This form in now available online here (you will be asked to log in with your network credentials). If you prefer, you can download a PDF file of the Graduate Commencement Questionnaire to fill in by hand. This form is the only way to confirm your plans to participate in the ceremony with the Registrar's Office. It is due April 14.
- Tickets Tickets are not required for your guests to attend the commencement ceremony on May 2. You may wish to let your guests know that there is no reserved seating. The doors to the Rike Center will open at 3 pm.
Preparing for Graduation
Grad Images will take each graduate's picture as he/she shakes hands with President Krendl. A proof and order form will be mailed by the latter part of May. By June the proof, order form, and check or money order should be received by Grad Images. All orders received by June 1 will be delivered by July 1. Late orders will be accepted until December 31. You are under no obligation to purchase the pictures or respond to the Grad Images correspondence.
- Graduate Ceremony Guest Seating
No tickets are required for this ceremony. Please inform members of your party, particularly grandparents, that:
- All seating is first-come, first-served (seating is not reserved)
- Rike Center doors open at 3:00 p.m.
- Most seating is open bleachers with no back support. Some floor seating with backed chairs will be available,
- Guests will be sitting approximately 1 hour
- Special needs guests with wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, walkers, hearing impairments etc., along with one escort, should ask the usher for seating in reserved areas.
- Placing chairs in any location, standing in any location, sitting in aisles, etc., are fire code violations and will not be permitted
Graduation Day - Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Graduate Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate Commencement Ceremony 2015 will witness approximately 100 graduates receiving degrees. The ceremony will be held Saturday, May 2, at 3:30 p.m. in the Rike Center. The ceremony will end at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Hooding will start promptly at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 2, in front of Davis Hall. The march from Davis Hall to the Rike Center will begin at exactly 3:25 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the hooding and line formation will be moved to the Clements Center indoor track. Notices regarding this will be posted at the Rike Center.
See Marching Instructions (PDF) for more details
- Security Precautions
The following items will be prohibited in the Rike Center: alcoholic beverages, coolers, backpacks, large handbags, metal folding seat cushions, seats that clamp to bleachers, noise making devises, mace or similar substances, signs, sticks, poles, and weapons of any kind. Please be aware that guests are subject to visual inspection of person. bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items.
You and your guests are invited to attend a reception immediately following commencement by Davis Hall. In case of inclement weather, the reception will be held in the Clements Recreation Center.
You are also invited to a Baccalaureate Service on Sunday, May 3, at 9:00 a.m. in Cowan Hall. You and your guests may take any unreserved seats in Cowan Hall. Academic regalia and a procession are not part of the Baccalaureate Service. Both Bachelor's and Graduate degree students are invited to attend.
Leaving the 'Bein
The Registrar’s Office would like to encourage you to log in to My Banner and print a copy of your unofficial transcript to keep with your diploma. You may also find it helpful to print a copy of your degree evaluation which will include information such as gpa in your major and the specific courses which applied to your major. Our office often receives phone calls from graduates who are searching for information that is found on the transcript or degree evaluation. Unfortunately we cannot usually provide such information over the phone, so you may find it helpful to have a copy of your academic record and keeping it with your diploma should make it easy to find!
You may also find it helpful to keep a record of your Banner Student ID# and PIN, and Otterbein Network ID and Password in order to be able to access your online information in the future. With Google Apps, students are able to keep their email accounts after leaving Otterbein. By keeping a record of your Banner log-in information you will also be able to access My Banner which will often provide information you may need in regard to future education plans or job searches.
Best wishes for your future success as you join the ranks of Otterbein Alumni!