Transferring to Otterbein
Information on Otterbein's Transfer Credit Policy can be found below. You may also consult the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the Otterbein University Online Catalog. For additional information about transferring to Otterbein, see the Adult and Transfer Enrollment site.
Otterbein accepts transfer course work from regionally accredited two-year or four-year institutions. Only courses in which a student has received a grade of 'C- or higher will be considered for transfer credit at Otterbein. However, individual departments' minimum grade requirements can vary, and may impact how a course is transferred. Consult the Otterbein University Online Catalog for specific course requirements in each major.
Credit hours transfer but GPA quality points do not, therefore transfer credit does not impact the Otterbein GPA. If a course was repeated at the previous institution, credit for only one course transfers. However, when we review the transcripts for admission to Otterbein, we will consider all course work the student has completed, including courses in which 'D' or 'F' grades were earned. If a student repeats a course at Otterbein after transfer credit has been posted, credit for the previously transferred course will be removed.
A community or junior college program can be designed to provide the first half of a Bachelor's degree. Therefore, Otterbein accepts a maximum of 64 semester hours in transfer from any and all two-year schools. Otterbein has articulation agreements with the following two-year institutions:
- Central Ohio Technical College
- Columbus State Community College
- Clark State Community College
- Marion Technical College
- North Central State College
- Southern State Community College
- Zane State College
Course Equivalency Guides
Click on a school name below to see a list of courses which will transfer to Otterbein University from that institution. Courses which are not listed have not yet been evaluated for course credit. Course Equivalency Guides will be updated periodically as courses are reviewed.
- Students applying for transfer to Otterbein University will receive an official evaluation of their prior college credits when official transcripts have been received from all previously attended institutions.
- Currently enrolled Otterbein students planning to complete transient coursework at another institution should consult the guides below. If the school and/or courses are not listed on a guide shown below, current Otterbein students may submit a Transient Course Approval form to the Office of the Registrar.
Columbus State Community College (PDF)
Ohio State University (PDF)
The Office of the Registrar is located in Towers Hall, Room 27.
Phone: (614) 823-1350
Fax: (614) 823-1009
Academic Year Business Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Summer Business Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Office of the Registrar
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081