Need help with your ePortfolio? Come visit one of Otterbein's ePortfolio mentors to better understand ePortfolio and how to use it! Please visit the following link to view the ePortfolio mentor schedule: https://otterbein.digication.com/help_using_eportfolios/Student_Mentors
Also, you can visit this website http://otterbein.libguides.com/ctl-eportfolio
to explore ePortfolio and possibly have some of your questions answered.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any and all ePortfolio questions that you might have!
Integrative Studies Substitute Courses and Policy, 2013-14
Substitutions for Integrative Studies (INST) requirements are permitted subject to the following conditions:
- A substitution must appear on the list of approved alternate courses shown below.
- No more than two substitutions are permitted.
- While up to two substitutions are permitted, only one of them may be used to fulfill both an INST requirement and a requirement in the student’s major or minor. In other words, only one substitute course may be double-counted.
The Degree Audit program will automatically count any of the approved substitutes as satisfying INST requirements.
Approved Substitutes / Course Title
INST 2000’s Interconnections
- ECON 2200 Principles of Macroeconomics
INST 2200’s Reflection and Responsibility
- PHIL 1300 Contemporary Moral Problems
- PHIL 2200 Existentialism
- PHIL 2400 Environmental Philosophy
- PHIL 2500 Contemporary Ethics and Metaethics
- PHIL 2950 Ethics
- RELG 1400 Introduction to Judaism and the Hebrew Bible/ Old Testament
- RELG 1500 Introduction to the New Testament/ Christian Origins
- RELG 2200 Religion in America
INST 2400’s Natural Foundations
- BIO 2700 Gender and Biology
- CHEM 1200 Survey of Bio-Organic Chemistry
- ESCI 1001 Introduction to Environmental Science
- ESCI 1010 Physical Geology
- ESCI 1020 Earth System History
- ESCI 1200 Oceanography
- ESCI 2000 Field Geology
- PHYS 2100 Introduction to Physical Science
INST 2600’s Creativity and Culture
- ARTH 1000 Art History Survey I: Prehistory 14th Century Common Era
- ARTH 1100 Art History Survey II: 15th to 21st Centuries
- ARTH 2200 Hot Mamas and Guerilla Girls: Women as Artists and Subjects in the Visual Arts
- ENGL 2230 Studies in African American Literatures
- ENGL 2231 Studies in Women’s Literatures
- ENGL 2232 Studies in Diverse Literary Cultures
- ENGL 2233 Studies in World Literatures
- ENGL 2234 Studies in GLBTQ Literatures
- MUSC 3042 Women in Music
- MUSC 3046 American Popular Music