< Emergency Preparedness
All book buyers, vendors and contractors must be approved through either the Otterbein University Police Department or the Service Department prior to conducting any business on campus. All approved vendors receive a temporary Cardinal Card. If you observe an unknown, suspicious person in your area, immediately contact the Otterbein University Police Department at (614) 823-1222. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Physical Description: gender, ethnicity, age, hair/eye color, clothing, tattoos/scars, etc.
- Special Characteristics: intoxication, crutches, accents, weapons, etc.
- Location or direction of travel.
- If known, the mode of transportation and description. For example, the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate number.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, challenge those you don't know. If you don't know them, it'spossible they are not supposed to be there.
- Always secure your area prior to leaving.
- Never leave your valuables in plain view.
- Always walk in a group.
- Utilize the Otterbein University Police Department's escort service.