Many students come to college with questions about which major to choose or which career path to take. If you are one of those students, you’re not alone. We can answer your questions and help you explore your options.
Exploring Your Options
- Study the academic catalog to learn about the courses and requirements of different majors.
- Choose courses that will allow you to explore fields of interest.
- Make an appointment with us and we can help you assess your natural abilities, interests, and work values in order to discover compatible majors and careers.
- Discuss your interests with your advisor and contact faculty in the departments you are considering for more information.
- Talk to upper class students about their majors.
- Research career options utilizing books, periodicals, and professional associations.
- Talk to people in career fields you are considering; ask us for contacts.
- Gain practical experience by interning, shadowing, and volunteering.
- Explore sites such as The Occupational Outlook Handbook, O*Net Online, and Explore Health Careers for specific occupational information.
An informational interview is a focused meeting/conversation with a networking contact designed to help you choose or refine your career path by giving you the 'insider' point of view. To learn more, click here.
/ Center for Career & Professional Development
The Center for Career & Professional Development is located on the corner of Grove and Home streets near the center of campus behind "The Rock."
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
M-F: 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Ryan Brechbill, Director
e / email@example.com
Ashley Strausser, Associate Director/Internship Coordinator
e / firstname.lastname@example.org
Marilyn Williams, Admin. Asst.
e / email@example.com
p / 614.823.1456
f / 614.823.3052
Center for Career & Professional Development
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081
Schedule an appointment