In accordance with the goals of The Center for Community Engagement, student projects or research will be developed to meet any or several of the following learning objectives:
- To articulate and act on an appreciation of diversity.
- To demonstrate the ability to apply the social change model of leadership.
- To exhibit cross-cultural communication and advocacy skills.
- To demonstrate civic and social responsibility toward one's community.
- To understand the root causes of social problems and the complexities of systemic oppression.
- To understand personal efficacy and act as an ally to others, a capacity-builder, and a change agent.
- To apply problem-solving skills to community problems.