CardinalCorps Scholarship Application
A $1,500 grant is awarded each spring to 4-5 incoming first-year students who have demonstrated a commitment to community service and academic scholarship during high school.
Students selected serve as CardinalCorps Leaders (CCLs) at Otterbein, a group of 18-20 students who coordinate weekly service programs through the CCE. CardinalCorps Leader Expectations
How to Apply
- Attend a fall training retreat
- Co-coordinate a weekly community service program
- Recruit student volunteers for the program and provide necessary support services for those students (e.g., training, coordination of events, transportation, and planning of activities at site)
- Maintain communication with the service site and report challenges, needs, and successes to the Assistant Director
- Attend bi-weekly CCL meetings and tri-weekly one-on-one consultations with the Assistant Director
- Provide appreciation and recognition for your volunteers
- Manage a small resource budget for your program
- Hold reflection sessions with your volunteers
- Keep accurate records of volunteer names and hours
- Try to involve faculty, staff, and alumni in your program
- Assess the impact of your program on volunteers and those served
- Collaborate with other CCLs to develop campus-wide service events (e.g. community plunges, awareness weeks, service fairs)
Incoming students may apply for this award by February 15, 2013. Please email email@example.com to apply for this year's grant. Grant Criteria
- Demonstrated commitment to community service
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Ability to coordinate a service project while at Otterbein
- Leadership potential
The grant is reviewed each year and is renewed based on the student's good academic standing and fulfillment of community engagement responsibilities.
/ Also see...
/ Center for Community Engagement
The CCE is located in the Mikesell House, 82 W. Main St. Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer) Contact
p / 614.823.1270