25 W. Home Street (Residence Hall).*** This
suite-style residence hall houses undergraduate students in either two
or four person suites. Two person suites consist of a bedroom with
adjoining full bathroom. Four person suites consist of two bedrooms
adjoined through a bathroom. Men and women live in separate suites. The
building's three floors are serviced by two elevators. Uncarpeted and
wheelchair accessible rooms are available. The building was built in
1985 with the residence hall having 52,200 square feet and the adjoining
Business Office having 5,200 square feet. Otterbein purchased and
renovated the building in 2008.
Clements Hall – 85 West Home Street.** Clements
Hall houses predominantly first year men and women on four separate
floors. The building is undergoing a phased renovation, with the work
completed on the first and third floors. The building was built in 1956
and has 29,666 square feet.
The Commons – 180 & 190 West Park Street
("Commons on Park Street Commons") and 86 & 90 West Home Street
("Commons on Home Street").* The Commons are fully furnished on-campus
apartment complexes for undergraduate juniors and seniors. Each complex
has four buildings with three floors. Most apartments house four
students in single bedrooms with a ¾ bath, a ½ bath, a kitchen, a dining
area and a living room. Each complex has a laundry facility and ADA
compliant apartments. The Commons on Home Street has a lounge and a
computer lab. The Commons on Park Street opened in 1995 and the Commons
on Home Street opened in 2001. Each complex is 28,176 square feet.
DeVore Hall – 96 West Home Street.*** Devore Hall
offers suite style living in four person, two bedroom suites connected
through a shared bathroom and in single rooms with attached bathrooms.
Men and women live in separate suites. The building's three floors are
serviced by one elevator. Wheelchair accessible single rooms are
available. Devore Hall was opened in 2006 and has 45,545 square feet.
Dunlap-King Hall – 193 West Main Street.**
Dunlap-King Hall, formerly named King Hall, is the oldest residence hall
on campus. Affectionately referenced as "DK", students interested in
the fine and performing arts live in this Arts Appreciation themed hall.
Built in 1926, DK was renovated and renamed in 1988. DK is a four
floor, 17,147 square foot structure, with mainly double rooms.
Davis Hall – 170 Martin Drive.** Davis Hall is a
two-floor residence hall where men and women live on separate floors.
Davis Hall was built in 1961, renovated in 1999, and has 21,226 square
Davis Annex – 140 Center Street. Davis Annex is an
all-female residence hall with three floors. Davis Annex was built in
1965, renovated in 1998, and has 11,861 square feet.
Engle Hall (Part of the Triad) – 92 West Home Street.
Engle Hall is an all-male residence hall with two floors of double
rooms. Engle Hall was built in 1961, renovated in 2006, and has 8,213
Garst Hall (Part of the Triad) – 98 West Home Street. Garst
Hall is a single story residence hall housing predominantly first year
men in double and single rooms. Garst Hall was built in 1960 and has
13,440 square feet.
Hanby Hall – 65 West Home Street.** Hanby Hall
houses predominantly first year women on four floors. The building is
undergoing a phased renovation and will house men and women after
completion. The building was built in 1961 and has 33,602 square feet.
Mayne Hall – 65 North Grove Street.** Mayne Hall is
four floor residence hall with primarily double rooms. Reserved for
students in the Honors Program, men and women are housed on separate
floors. Mayne Hall was built in 1964, renovated in 2004, and has 38,490
Scott Hall (Part of the Triad) – 94 West Home Street.
Scott Hall is an all-female residence hall housing predominantly first
year students in a single story of double rooms. Scott Hall was built
in 1959 and has 5,901 square feet.
Sorority/Fraternity Houses.**** Otterbein has six
sororities and seven fraternities.
Only upperclassmen may reside in Greek housing, provided that all other
eligibility requirements of Otterbein and the given organization are
met. Five Greek organizations presently rent houses from Otterbein,
including the following: Epsilon Kappa Tau (Sorority – 94 West Main
Street), Lambda Gamma Epsilon (Fraternity – 94 West Park Street), Sigma
Alpha Tau (Sorority – 121 West Home Street), Tau Delta (Sorority – 166
West Main Street), and Theta Nu (Sorority – 64 West Home Street).
Theme Houses.**** Theme houses are former
single-family homes converted to single-sex residential facilities for
upperclassmen. The houses accommodate four to five to students. The
houses are fully furnished with single and double bedrooms and laundry
facilities. Individual and group application requirements and themes
vary depending on the particular house and year.
*Undergraduate junior and senior students, male or female by apartment
**Undergraduate students, male or female by floor
***Undergraduate students, male or female by suite
****Undergraduate sophomore, junior or senior students, male or female by house
Clements Recreation Center – 180 Center Street. The
Clements Recreation Center is an athletic facility containing a fitness
center, a 200-meter Mondo track, an all purpose area, an athletic
training facility with a Swim-Ex machine, classrooms and offices. The
facility was completed in 2002 and has 75,000 square feet. The Clements
Recreation Center connected to the Rike Recreation Center.
Rike Recreation Center – 160 Center Street. The
Rike Recreation Center is an athletic complex containing a varsity
basketball court, an in-door track and practice courts, a weight room,
an all-purpose area, offices and classrooms. The complex also includes
The complex includes outdoor softball, baseball and soccer fields,
along with tennis courts. The complex was completed in 1975 and has
72,500 square feet.
Memorial Stadium – 130 Center Street. Memorial
Stadium is Otterbein's football stadium. The stadium is dedicated to 14
citizens who gave their lives serving the country during WWII. The
stadium contains state-of-the-art locker rooms, a training room and an
equipment room. The stadium also has a 400 meter outdoor track. The
stadium was rebuilt in 2005 and has 32,000 square feet.
Educational and Administrative Facilities
25 W. Home Street (Business Office). The Business
Office is situated on the first floor of the building at 25 West Home
Street. The Business Office is responsible for accounting, financial
and tax reporting, student accounts, student loans, etc. The building
was built in 1985 with the Business Office having 5,200 square feet and
the adjoining residence hall having 52,200 square feet. Otterbein
purchased and renovated the building in 2008.
Art and Communication Building – 33 Collegeview Avenue.
This is the home of the Otterbein Art and Communication Departments.
The building contains painting, drawing, photography, and ceramic
studios, state-of-the-art Mac Computer Labs, Otterbein's Radio and
Television Stations, Journalism Labs, the Miller Art Gallery, classrooms
and faculty offices. The building was purchased in 2004 and renovated
to its current use in 2005 and 2006. The building has 33,000 square
Barlow Hall – 88 Cochran Alley. Barlow Hall
contains the Office of Financial Aid, the Center for Student Success,
the Center for Career Planning, and the Chapel. The building was built
in 1948, renovated in 1984, and has 8,133 square feet.
Battelle Fine Arts Center – 170 West Park Street.
The Battelle Fine Arts Center houses the Departments of Music and Dance.
Battelle also contains the 272-seat Riley Auditorium, which is used
for various concerts and dance recitals throughout the year. Battelle
was built in 1929 and previously known as the Alumni Gymnasium. The
building was renovated and rededicated in 1979 upon receipt of finding
from Battelle. The building has 38,000 square feet.
Campus Center – 100 West Home Street. The Campus
Center is located in the heart of campus, and contains the on-campus
cafeteria known as the Cardinal's Nest, the deli/store known as the
Otter Den, the Pit Theatre, and the bookstore. The facility was built
in 1964 and has 60,975 square feet.
Cellar House – 141 West Park Street. Cellar House
is utilized as the office for Marketing and Communications. The house
was built in 1940 and has 1,856 square feet.
Clippinger Hall – 102 West College Avenue.
Clippinger Hall houses the Office of Admissions. Clippinger Hall is a
5,809 square foot structure that was built in 1908 with help from the
Carnegie Foundation. The building was Otterbein's first library.
Cowan Hall – 30 South Grove Street. Cowan Hall is a
30,414 square foot facility that houses the Theatre Department, and
contains an auditorium with more than 1,000 seats, a scene shop for the
construction of production sets and props, and other theatre workshops,
classrooms and offices. Cowan Hall was built for $500,000 in 1951 and
named for Clyde Cowan, an Otterbein Alumnus. The lobby and theatre were
renovated and reopened in January 2005.
Center for Equine Studies – 600 N. Spring Road. The
Center for Equine Studies is an off-campus complex that contains indoor
and outdoor riding arenas, stalls, paddocks, tack rooms, classrooms and
offices. The Center supports the Department of Equine Sciences and
Otterbein's riding teams. The Center was built in 2009 and has 72,000
Courtright Memorial Library – 138 West Main Street.
The library contains over 250,000 volumes of books and is a member of
OhioLink. This facility is the home to the Academic Support Center, the
Otterbean Café (on-the-go style food), a student lounge, classrooms and
offices. The building was built in 1972 with a new entrance and
additional classrooms added in 2005. The building has 60,653 square
Science Center – 155 West Main Street. The Science
Center houses the Departments of Nursing, Chemistry, Earth, Life, and
Equine Sciences and Physics. The Science Center is a 104,939 square
foot structure. The structure was originally built in 1919 and was
known as McFadden Hall. After completion of an addition in 1969, the
building was renamed the MacFadden-Schear Science Building. In 2009,
the structure was renovated and renamed the Science Center, resulting in
the addition of 30,000 square feet, including new labs, faculty suites,
academic classrooms, and an atrium.
Security Department – 194 West Main Street. The
Security Department handles matters pertaining to vehicle and bicycle
registration, motorist assistance, lock-out assistance, security
escorts, parking citation appeals, and investigation and response to
criminal and non-criminal complaints. The building was built in 1863
and renovated to its current use in 2003. The building is 1,500 square
The Frank Museum of Art – 39 South Vine Street.
The Frank Museum of Art houses Otterbein's collection of art from
Africa, Japan and New Guinea. The museum is located in the former
"Church House" of Lillian Frank, who taught at Otterbein for 29 years in
the areas of art, theology and philosophy. Upon her death, the
structure was given for the purpose of creating a museum for the
University's collection. The building was originally built in 1877,
opened as a museum in the winter 2004, and is 2,170 square feet.
Hancock House – 111 West Park Street. Hancock House is utilized as the office for Alumni Relations. The house was built in 1910 and has 2,635 square feet.
Howard House – 131 West Park Street. Howard House is utilized as the office for Institutional Advancement. The house was built in 1914 and has 3,681 square feet.
Otterbein Women's Thrift Store – 177 West Park Street. This facility is open Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Health Center – 78 West Home Street. The Health
Center services students, faculty and administrative staff. For
students, the cost for services at the Health Center is included in
tuition. With the exception of summer hours, the Health Center is
generally open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with
the exception of summer hours. The Health Center was built in 1968 and
has 5,178 square feet.
Roush Hall – 27 South Grove Street. Roush Hall
houses the Education, Business, Accounting and Economics Departments,
along with the President's and Provost's offices, Information Technology
Department, the Fisher Gallery, and the Roost Express (offering
on-the-go type of food). Roush is a four-story building, completed in
June 1993, with 60,000 square feet.
Service Department – 195 W Park St. The Service
Department manages all campus maintenance and construction projects,
along with maintenance and use of campus vehicles. All maintenance
requests are submitted online through the University website. Office
hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm. After hours emergencies are handled by a
call center. This building also contains the central heating and
chiller plant which supplies heating and cooling to 75% of the campus
Student Affairs Office – 65 West Home Street. The
Student Affairs Office is located in the back of the first floor of
Hanby Hall. This space contains offices for the Vice President and Dean
for Student Affairs, along with the Directors of Student Conduct &
Wellness, Residence Life and Diversity.
Towers Hall – 1 South Grove Street. Towers Hall
houses the Departments of English, History and Political Science,
Religion and Philosophy, Foreign Language, Sociology, Math and Computer
Science. Towers Hall is a 55,619 square foot structure that was opened
in 1871 and renovated in 1998. Towers Hall is the oldest building on
campus and is designated as a national landmark. A gallery of portraits
of former Otterbein presidents is located on the second floor.