< Non-Profit Leadership Certificate
Module 1 will provide a background and an overview
of the skills necessary for running a successful
nonprofit organization, as well as a personal
leadership skills assessment.
Session 1: Foundations in Nonprofits
- Introduction: Purpose of the program;
- So you want to be a nonprofit leader?
- Overview of nonprofit history
- Starting a nonprofit (legal elements)
Session 2: Nonprofit Development
- Board selection and governance
- Nonprofit mission/vision statements
- The role of the leader in strategic planning
- Overview of nonprofit business & financial
- Building a Business Plan
Session 3: Personal Assessment and Leadership Skills
- Tools for leadership development and
self-assessment: MBTI & Strength Finder
- Conflict management
- Team building
Past workshops from these leaders received
the following responses:
Basics of grant writing was really helpful,
and the outcomes assessment applied directly
to grant proprosals as well.
The fundraising and multi-generational
sessions both greatly applied to my particular
profession. The presenters provided
applicable ways to approach many situations.
Great presenter, great material and very