facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
The Graduate School

K-12 Intervention Specialist

Photo of a student helping a child

Intervention Specialists see the possibilities in every child and enjoy taking on the challenge of helping their students overcome obstacles. Otterbein University will provide you with the tools and strategies you need to meet the academic needs of all students. You will learn best practices for student learning so that all children get the high quality education that they deserve.

The K-12 Intervention Specialist license can be earned in one or both of two areas; Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Intensive. Teachers can also choose to add a PK-3 license. Contact Amy Featherstone for information about how to get started adding this rewarding and high demand license.  

If you are a licensed teacher, you can add the Intervention Specialist license:

  • Through our licensure only program.
  • Through our Master of Arts in Education program.
  • Add the PreK-3 Early Childhood Intervention Specialist license

If you are not a licensed teacher, but have a bachelor’s degree, you can earn the license and  a master's degree through our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program.  Admission information and required courses can be found in our MAT_Program Booklet_2016-2017  Contact Gaby Miller to get started with a new career as an Intervention Specialist!

Specific course information for Otterbein's Intervention Specialist programs for teachers can be found in the MAE ProgramBooklet.  

Loan forgiveness is available to Intervention Specialist and other teachers in high need areas. Read more about it here at the Federal Student Aid site.

/ Graduate Education Personnel

K. Daniel Cho, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Programs
p/ 614.823.1452
e/ DCho@otterbein.edu

Gaby Miller

Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAT/initial licensure
p/ 614.823.1346
e/ gmiller@otterbein.edu

Amy Featherstone
Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAE, Educational Mathematics, Adding License, Professional Development
p/ 614.823.3271
e/ afeatherstone@otterbein.edu

M. Michelle Fosnaugh
Graduate Assistant
e/ margaret.fosnaugh@otterbein.edu